The MIFA I bargaining team consisting of Telecommunications Director Martha Pultar, International Representative Robert Prunn, Business Managers Mike Brousseau (1106), Bill Erb (1431), Business Representative Fred Sabol (71) and Vice President Randy Howe (289) met with Frontier for the final time on August 12, 2015, in Washington, DC. As of the conclusion of that day a tentative agreement was not obtainable with the company.
A conference call of the SCT 7 delegates was held on August 20, 2015, to discuss the remaining unresolved issues on the table. The SCT 7 voted unanimously to support MIFA I to proceed to Interest Arbitration if the Company is not willing to move on the remaining issues. The Council also voted to support MIFA I fiscally throughout the process.
The remaining issues of contention are:
- Reduction of Sunday premium
- Forced overtime across classifications
- The use of contractors to replace workers through attrition
- Elimination of 401 K match for employees with pensions
- Establish a new Short Term Disability schedule for new hires
- Reduce LTD payments from $3,000 to $2,083 and eliminate pension accrual while on LTD
- Spousal surcharge for medical insurance
- Premium contributions of 10% in 2015, 14% in 2016, 18% in 2017, 20% in 2018
- A general wage increase of 1.75% for each year of the agreement
We were told this is how things are being done in today’s world and YOU need to be more realistic. Yet the company has no problem extending other agreements with no concessions and hands out a 2% GWI on top of that. And we need to be more realistic?! It is impossible to put enough lipstick on this pig to get it married.
We will continue to keep you posted as we proceed through this process.
Support your Union, your Negotiating Team, attend your Union meeting, be informed and have a voice in the process.
Your IBEW Negotiating Team
IBEW Local Unions 71 – OH, 289 – NC, 1106 – MI, 1431 – SC