Dear Sisters and Brothers,
The following is the award rendered by Arbitrator Herbert Fishgold on the remaining unresolved issues concerning MIFA I negotiations. Any resolved Local Union proposals will be communicated by the respective Local Union.
- General wage increase of 2% effective July 3, 2016 and 2.5% effective March 26, 2017. All employees will receive a signing bonus of $1700. Offline Representatives (WAH), NC, shall receive a lump sum in lieu of a general wage increases as follows: effective July 3, 2016, a lump sum of $900, and effective March 26, 2017, a lump sum of $1,000. The signing bonus shall be paid to active regular full time employees on the payroll as of July 3, 2016.
- Employee healthcare premium contributions will be increased to 10 % as soon as administratively possible but no earlier than July 3, 2016. Effective January 1, 2017, 12% and effective January 1, 2018, 13%.
- 401K plan match for members with a defined benefit plan will be 4% effective January 1, 2017, and to remain at 4% for the duration of the contract.
- Company paid LTD plan benefits shall remain the same up to a maximum of $3000, for disabilities prior to July 3, 2016. Disabilities commencing on or after July 3, 2016, will be paid up to a maximum of $2,083 per month. Pension and health care benefits will remain the same for LTD.
- Short term disability for employees with more than one (1) year accredited service, all days of the waiting period will be waived if the employee has not been absent for personal illness and/or injury in the previous twelve (12) consecutive months.
- Effective no earlier than July 3, 2016, employees will change from 1 year of base pay Life Insurance to a term life insurance coverage using a Years of Service-based formula, as follows:
Years of Service Benefit
Less than 5 $10,0005 to less than 10 $15,000
10 to less than 15 $20,000
15 to less than 25 $30,000
25 to less than 35 $40,000
35 or more $50,000
- The current contract shall expire on March 24, 2018.
Your IBEW Negotiating Team
IBEW Local Unions 71 – OH, 289 – NC, 1106 – MI, 1431 – SC