Dear Sisters and Brothers,
Following are anticipated implementation dates for GWIs, bonuses, and several benefit changes in the final MIFA # 1 package. In the unlikely event that any of these dates change, we will provide as much advance notice as we are possibly able to you.
1. Signing Bonus: the signing bonus will be paid as a lump sum to eligible employees in employee paychecks dated 7/29/2016. This is the same paycheck as the employee’s regular weekly pay. The signing bonus will be shown as a separate line item.
2. 7/3/2016 GWI: eligible employees will receive the 2% GWI on their paycheck dated 7/29/2016 (7/10/2016 – 7/23/2016 pay period). On the same paycheck eligible employees will also receive a lump sum payment equal to the retroactive value of the GWI for the period from 7/3/2016 – 7/9/2016. The retroactive payment will be shown as a separate line item.
3. Lump Sum Bonus in Lieu of 7/3/2016 GWI: the lump sum bonus in lieu of the 7/3/2016 GWI will be paid to eligible North Carolina employees in employee paychecks dated 7/29/2016. This is the same paycheck as the employee’s regular weekly pay. The lump sum bonus in lieu of GWI will be shown as a separate line item.
4. Employee Premium Contribution Change from 7% to 10%: the monthly employee premium contribution changes will be effective with employee paychecks dated 8/12/2016.
5. LTD Change from $3,000 Monthly Maximum to $2,083 Monthly Maximum: the CBA states that this change will be effective for disabilities commencing on or after the ratification date. However, in conjunction with implementation of this change, Frontier will open an enrollment window for employees who may now wish to change their Supplemental LTD elections. The effective date for this change will be 1/1/2017, which will coincide with the annual enrollment period later this year.
6. Life Insurance Change to Service-Based Benefit: will be effective 1/1/2017.
Your IBEW Negotiating Team
IBEW Local Unions 71 – OH, 289 – NC, 1106 – MI, 1431 – SC