At this time there are no tentative agreements between the Local Unions in MIFA I and the company. Per the Structured Bargaining MOA, we shall be moving into the “Escalation Process.” The “Escalation Process” requires that each party provide a detailed summary of their unresolved proposals and the desired resolution. The parties have complied with this phase.
To date, the company has escalated all eleven (11) of its proposals. In like manner, the Local Unions in MIFA I have escalated all forty-four (44) of its proposals as well. The Local Unions in MIFA I, along with Telecommunications Director Martha Pultar, International Representative Robert Prunn are scheduled to meet with the company on May 31, 2018, and June 1, 2018, in Baltimore, MD, for escalation.
It is the Union’s belief that as the company continues to demand more and more from fewer and fewer of our members that we should have a compensation and benefit package that is fair and equitable. The Union bargaining committee will continue as always to strive towards that goal.
Please show support for your Union Negotiating Committee, as this is your contract! We need your voice to be heard telling Frontier that we expect a fair contract to work under and will do what it takes to get one! We will continue to keep you posted as developments take place.
Your IBEW Negotiating Team
IBEW Local Unions 71 – OH, 289 – NC, 1106 – MI, 1431 – SC
Contract negotiations between the Local Unions in MIFA I and the company concluded with the mediation process on April 26, 2018, without a tentative agreement.
At this time the Company has the following 11 proposals on the table;
- Duration of Agreement – 4 years.
- Business Attire – suspend pants for the duration of agreement.
- Medical Benefits – employee contribution; 15% in 2019, 17% in 2020, 18% in 2021, 19% in 2020. Adding an annual spousal surcharge of $1,200.
- 401 K – eliminate 401 K match for employees with a pension on January 1, 2020. Eliminate the fixed contribution for those without a pension on January 1, 2019.
- Performance Recognition Plan – eliminate at the end of 2018.
- Work Practices – eliminate double time in North Carolina and Michigan.
- Overtime work – remove equalization, overtime offered only by seniority.
- Title Combinations – Construction Technician / Sr. Construction Technician to Construction Technician; SST II / SST I to Sales and Service Technician. Wages schedule will remain the same.
- Recognition – change to Frontier Communications of Michigan.
- MOA for North Carolina / Michigan – Remove the Special Account Representative Wage schedule / Modify SST III MOA.
- MOAs – not to extend; double time NC, Neutrality and Consent, Pension Plan Lump Sum Payment Option, Premium on SDO Michigan.
The following are open proposals on the table for MIFA I, Local 71, Local 289, Local 1106, Local 1431 and the BSWG. The following 44 proposals will be submitted into the “Escalation Process.”
MIFA 1 has 10 unresolved proposals on the table;
- Proposal 1, Pension Benefit Minimums increase.
- Proposal 2, Pension Plan Survivors Benefits.
- Proposal 3, Opt Out Wellness and HRA credit revised and counter to Company 5.
- Proposal 4, Business Attire revised.
- Proposal 5, Renew MIFA 12 MOA’s.
- Proposal 6, Vacation time 5 weeks after 20.
- Proposal 7, Ready to Serve increase.
- Proposal 8, Probationary period.
- Proposal 9, GWI 3% and retro.
- Proposal 10, Not passed.
- Proposal 11, Vacation allotment for BSWG.
Ohio Local 71 has 10 unresolved proposals left on the table;
- Proposal 1, Remote Park, grievance resolution
- Proposal 2, Reapportionment, requirements.
- Proposal 3, Premium Pay, double time after 56.
- Proposal 4, Education & Training, EE requirements.
- Proposal 5, Contractors, signatory to IBEW.
- Proposal 6, Disability Benefits, language change.
- Proposal 7, Wages, Overtime & Wages, time in grievance meetings to count as time worked.
- Proposal 8, Renew MOAs.
- Proposal 9, Compensated Availability, rotation and requirements.
- Proposal 10, Bereavement Leave, add Aunts and Uncles.
North Carolina Local 289 has 8 unresolved proposals on the table;
- Proposal 1, Outstanding Grievances and Arbitrations, Article 4.
- Proposal 2, Consecutive day off, Article 16.
- Proposal 3, Reclassify Facility Assigner Complex to Wage Scale 9
- Proposal 4, Inclement weather, Article 20
- Proposal 5, Withdrawn.
- Proposal 6, Wage adjustment, Appendix 2.
- Proposal 7, Floating holiday, Article 15.
- Proposal 8, Senior and Construction Technicians move to Exhibit A wage schedule 10.
- Proposal 9, Renewal of all MOA’s.
Michigan Local 1106 has 4 unresolved proposals on the table;
- Proposal 1, Transfer language. (Layoff language cleanup from last bargaining)
- Proposal 2, Michigan MOA renewals.
- Proposal 3, Overtime Meal Allowance increase.
- Proposal 4, Non-consecutive week pay increase.
South Carolina Local 1431 has 9 unresolved proposals on the table;
- Proposal 1, Work During Inclement Weather. 2/14/2018, 14:58
- Proposal 2, Work Week and Working Hours. 2/14/2018, 15:05
- Proposal 3, Overtime Work. 2/14/2018, 15:10
- Proposal 4, Standby Distance. 2/14/2018, 15:30
- Proposal 5, Board, Lodging and Meal Allowance. 2/14/2018, 15:28
- Proposal 6, Senior Construction Tech Wage Schedule. 2/14/2018, 15:33
- Proposal 7, Premiums. 2/14/2018, 15:37
- Proposal 8, Renew MOAs. 2/14/2018, 15:38
- Proposal 9, Offline Representative Group 2 Wage Schedule Change. 3/20/2018,
BSWG has 3 unresolved proposals on the table;
- Proposal 1, Move the remaining employees into the MIFA II Agreement on wage schedule 5.
- Proposal 2, Holidays increase to the rest of MIFA I holiday time off.
- Proposal 3, Wage Schedule Move from Wage Schedule E-2 to E-3 same as the BSWG Techs.
We have requested a list of the Company proposals that are unresolved and remain on the table. The Union is prepared to move forward into the “Escalation Process.”
Please show support for your Union Negotiating Committee, as this is your contract! We need your voice to be heard telling Management that we expect a fair contract to work under and we will do whatever it takes to get one. We will continue to keep you posted as developments take place.
IBEW Negotiating Team
IBEW Local Union 71-OH, 289-NC, 1106-MI, 1431-SC