MIFA I / Frontier Negotiations Update on the Tentative Agreement Reached June 1, 2018
Contract negotiations in the escalation process between the Local Unions in MIFA I and the company took place in Baltimore Md. May 31- June 1st, 2018.
IBEW Locals 71, 289 1106 and 1431 and Frontier have come to terms on a Tentative Agreement. The terms will still need to be incorporated into the contract language within the next few weeks as agreed to.
The following table below describes the terms agreed to that will be added to the proposed language changes. The actual language added will be brought out for a ratification vote in each local union’s respective areas as soon as the finalized proposals are completed.
Frontier and IBEW have reached a tentative agreement in settlement of 2018 negotiations between the parties. The following table summarizes the components of the tentative agreement; any outstanding proposals not reflected in the following table have been withdrawn.
GWI (Each eff. Sunday following contract anniversary date)
- 2018 – 2.00% (w/ retro, if ratified 1st vote)
- 2019 – 2.00%
- 2020 – 2.25%
- 2021 – 2.50%
- 2022 – N/A
Employee Medical Contribution
- 2018 – 13% (no change)
- 2019 – 14%
- 2020 – 15%
- 2021 – 15%
- 2022 – 16%
HRA Contribution (except SC Offline – see below)
- 2018 – N/A
- 2019 – $600
- 2020 – $600
- 2021 – $600
- 2022 – $600
Eliminate PRP (except for the SC Offline group)
- Eliminate PRP effective immediately with no payout for 2018 or beyond, except that the SC Offline Group will continue to be eligible for the PRP (with minimum HRA payout of $600) under the same terms as they are under the 2014 CBA.
- 4-year agreement expiring March 26, 2022
MI Legacy Accretion
- Modify MIFA # 1 and Appendix 1 to MIFA # 1 to reflect the addition of Frontier Communications of Michigan, Inc.Legacy group as a party to the CBA, as shown in CP #9. The “Accretion of the Frontier Communications of Michigan, Inc. Bargaining Unit Into the Frontier North Inc./ MIFA #1 Bargaining Unit” MOA, and all of the provisions contained therein, continues on its own terms and will be printed in the Michigan Appendix to MIFA # 1.
Buried Service Wire (BSW) Appendix (Appendix 5)
- Effective upon ratification of the 2020 MIFA # 2 agreement (but no earlier than May 10, 2020), the BSW Appendix to MIFA # 1 will move from MIFA # 1 to MIFA # 2 as a new “Appendix 7” to MIFA # 2, except that the MIFA # 2 Health and Basic Life Insurance provisions (Article 7) will apply to employees under the BSW Appendix effective January 1, 2021. Any modifications to MIFA # 2 to reflect the addition of the BSW Appendix to MIFA # 2 will be made during 2020 MIFA # 2 negotiations. The terms of this 2018 settlement will apply to the BSW Appendix until the BSW Appendix moves to MIFA # 2.
MOAs and Other Side Agreements
- All currently active MOAs, LOAs, Side Letters, etc. which are not directly modified by the terms of this settlement agreement will be extended for the life of the 2018 MIFA # 1 agreement or will “continue as is”, as applicable.
The parties have further agreed to, as necessary, modify and exchange existing proposals to reflect the terms of this settlement and meet via teleconference during the month of June 2018 to finalize this language. The parties will then execute the “Final Settlement Agreement” attached to this MOA, with the finalized proposals included as attachments to the “Final Settlement Agreement”.
IBEW Negotiating Team
IBEW Local Union 71-OH, 289-NC, 1106-MI, 1431-SC